Saturday, July 14, 2012

gentry family mantra

One of the best things about biding our time before we have a baby is observing different methods in parenting. I know people without kids say really polarizing things like We'll never let our child do this and We'll only let our child eat that, merely to turn around a few years later and eat crow as my Granddaddy use to say.

As a not-yet-but-hopeful mama, I try really hard to keep those extreme words like always and only and never out of my vocabulary. However, when J and I are privy to parenting techniques that work well and even those that don't, I try to make notes for the future. For you, rigobaby.

Recently, we were babysitting some friends' children and I noticed their family mantra posted prominently in their home. I'd like to add that these words are not simply for show... we saw the principles in action and it was a beautiful thing.

The Gentry Family Mantra

Love one another
Obey the 1st time
Trustdon't complain or argue
Speak with kind voices
Have a thankful heart

No comments:

Post a Comment